Friday 5 December 2014

CHARLOTTE: MY DIY ADVENT CALENDAR!

We know you're a very arty and talented lot… and we absolutely LOVE this home made advent calendar, created by reader Charlotte. And it's not too late for YOU to make one too…

Charlotte says:
This year I decided to skip the shop bought chocolate advent calendar and take it up a level by making my own. I decided to go for a colourful look - minus the neon colours! I used different shades of green and blue and one shade each for the purple, orange, red and yellow.

Basically, I made cones out of each of these colours using A4 paper of card, and Sellotaped the cones to secure them. Mark the numbers from one to twenty-five on the cones and use a hole punch to make holes to thread string through to hang the cones up. I used red string for a festive look! If you don't have a hole punch, you could always use coloured pegs to clip the cones to the string.

String all of the cones up in the right order, and pin the completed advent calendar up across the mantlepiece… or anywhere you find convenient! Once this is done, fill each cone with tasty goodies or small, wrapped gifts. That is how I made my advent calendar… maybe you'll have a go at making one, too!

Cathy says:
I might try this myself next year… so simple and SOOO effective! Have YOU made any Christmas deccies this year? COMMENT BELOW to tell us more!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! You said "I used red string for a festive look" twice though!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...