Friday 14 August 2015

A CYBERBULLY'S STORY…

Reader Daisy's amazing poem written from the viewpoint of a cyberbully is both powerful and thought-provoking… read on and see!

THE STORY OF MY LIFE

You can't hide from the story that is your life.
Every day is a new page;
Every day that page is ripped up.
Then every day, I regret ripping up that page.

My life is a mess, it always has been.
My family are broken, and so am I.
I need a way to fix the pieces, so I take it out on someone else.

My life has been ruined, so why not ruin someone else's?
It's not as if they know who I am, so nobody will find out.
I just type what I hear at home, so surely it's not that bad?

Words are my prison, they trap me every day.
The words I use, the words I hear, I just can't get away.
They trap me wherever I go.

I use these words to scare others.
I know it isn't right.
But sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me, right?

OK, I know I'm doing wrong.
But wrong is the story of my life.
One day I'll find another way to let out my anger.
But for now…
I must press send.

Fabulous artwork by reader Marina… many thanks!

Cathy says:
I love this… Daisy's poem gives a really heartbreaking insight into the mind of a cyberbully. Have YOU ever been targeted by an online bully? What advice would you give on beating the trolls? COMMENT BELOW to have your say, or to comment on the poem!

6 comments:

  1. that was amazing, and i didn't know cyberbullies feel like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very good poem, I like the idea of writing from that point of view as well, well done! Also, I think that poem has a really strong message...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome poem! If you are bullying someone online, you should stop-if you are hurting, try to tell a trusted adult, don't take it out on other people! And if you are being bullied online, tell someone, don't suffer in silence is my advice!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...