Sunday 16 August 2015

BACK TO SCHOOL BLUES?

Readers share their feelings about going back to school… are you down in the dumps or fizzing with excitement? 

Camille says:
Going back to school is a big thing for me this year - actually, it's a big thing for me every year. I never feel comfortable going to school… I get bullied a lot. Sometimes it's unintentional, but it happens anyway. And on top of that, there are important exams this year and I am panicking. I've had to speak to our pastoral care teacher a lot, and she told my mum that stress and anxiety are common during exam season. But I feel anxious most of the time. I'll be very anxious getting ready for that first day back, I know. Am I ready? Is my uniform too clean? Should I try to look more rebellious? I'm worrying now, but I know I have to go. Each year, I take a deep breath and walk through the doors as if nothing is wrong, and this year will be no different.

Amber says:
I'm actually looking forward to it! We get to learn Spanish, I get to improve my English, and I get to do it all along with my friends. I think that after one year at secondary school, things start to fall into place, and you feel more at home there. You have good friends, you know your teachers and their expectations. Being in a top set is challenging at first and quite scary, but also logical and fun. And although the holidays have been fun, with me and my family visiting Disneyland Paris, I am definitely looking forward to school. I have already bought some supplies!

Zarin says:
I'm not feeling happy or nervous… I just feel really sad about going back to school. It's because I will no longer be with my best friends in the world, the people who know me from the inside out, who make me laugh when I feel like bursting into tears. I will miss them so much.

Lorna says:
I'm nervous as it's my last year before university and I really need to do well!


Saffron says:
I'm super excited because me and my friends all love to go stationery shopping at this tsage in the summer. We go to Paperchase, Smiggle and Staples... and I get my Harry Potter themed bags and pencil cases off eBay.

Kiramae says:
I'm happy and excited because the new term will be a new start for me and my friends. Last year we had a bit of a shaky time, but we all reckon this year will be the best ever. It's our last year at this school, so it has to be brilliant!

Cathy says:
I think I always felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness on the first day of term… those were the days! Are YOU looking forward to starting school again? COMMENT BELOW to tell me why - or why not!

6 comments:

  1. I think you mean 'stage' not "tsage".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always really excited to go back to school.I don't have very many friends but i'm always hoping someone new comes along.I do get bullied a bit but i'm always really happy and smily if a bit quieter than everyone else so no one notices if i'm trying to keep tears back.If they fall people do notice but i'm mostly happy before they do...I'm easily pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go back this year because I'm in 4th year of secondary school which is transition year so it's basically a fun exam and test free year where you do loads of fun projects and competitions and go on trips! I'm looking forward to a stress free year (apart from exam results coming out on the 9th of September!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like Saffron I love stationery(haha)! Paperchase is one of my favourite shops and I love to decorate pencils, notebooks etc! Cute stationary is probably the best part of school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed MegaMegan - hae you ever been to smiggle or tinc? I'm going into my first year in secondary school so I have bought LOADS!!!!!! :)
    coolbeansgirl22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't actually. Maybe I'll check them out! Cool! :D

      Delete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...