Friday 11 September 2015

MY AWESOME HOLIDAY: DUBAI DREAMING!

Reader Deborah writes about her dream holiday in Dubai… 

Deborah says:
When my family first decided to go to Dubai, I was a bit sceptical. I didn't think I would much enjoy a six hour flight to visit a country built on a desert… but my mindset completely flipped when we got on the plane! There were movies, TV shows and modern music as part of the entertainment… I was content for the whole six hours there and back! The hotel we stayed at was really nice too… they did an awesome breakfast with waffles and a pancake making machine. The whole hotel had great air conditioning so you never even felt the heat until you went outside.

There were so many places to go and things to see… we took a tour around Abu Dhabi and saw the Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world), the spice market, and a hotel with floors below sea level. All of that was amazing! We also went to the beach, which was very different (and very hot!) and I got to collect some seashells. There was an antique shop that looked like a museum at first - we got some jewellery and trinkets from there.

The shopping mall was a lot like an ordinary London shopping mall, with all the UK brand shops and the same kind of things on sale. The main thing that was different was the fact that there was a huge aquarium in the centre of Dubai's main mall/// it had sharks, sting rays and all kinds of other fish! I think the shopping mall was my favourite part of the trip, because although things looked the same as in the UK the experience was very different. The shop assistants would greet you, recommend things to you and were just generally very helpful. I managed to get some things for my Sweet Sixteenth birthday and a few cool presents for my friends. If you ever get the chance to travel to Dubai, go for it… you really won't regret it!

Cathy says:
What a holiday! I've passed through Dubai when working at a book festival in the emirate of Sharjah, and I remember how modern it was… and how HOT! What is YOUR most memorable holiday? COMMENT BELOW to tell us all!

1 comment:

  1. I live in Abu Dhabi, so I can visit Dubai any time I want! It's really nice :D

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...