Tuesday 22 September 2015

SUPTY: A NEW PASSION

Reader Supty writes about how a passion for reading led to a dream… and a life-changing goal!

Supty says:
To most people, reading is just a hobby, a pastime. They read and enjoy books for fun. But me? Books have always been a way for me to flee from the hardships of reality, a way out from an inexorable world. I read books, felt them, and most of all I LIVED them.

I had quite a happy life, but something was missing: a passion. I started reading books when I was five, learning the basics. Life introduced me to Cathy Cassidy when I was nine. The first book of hers I read was INDIGO BLUE. I read it and felt hot tears pouring down my cheeks, and that was when it struck me; a writer who has the ability to make her readers laugh and cry, Cathy was different and unique. I started reading more CC books and they inspired me, helped me to live. At the end of a long day, when I opened a CC book, it always made me happy - it never let me down.

Round about that time, I began to realise that I didn't just want to be a reader; I wanted to be a writer, too. I didn't care if I was never a bestseller… that wasn't the point. I just wanted to bring a smile to the face of a sad and miserable person. I decided I was up for the challenge, and so I began my journey towards becoming a writer. Writing that first book was difficult - you are writing from a writer's point of view and then checking it over from a reader's viewpoint. I could feel the characters as though they were real, and I wrote as though I was one of them, living their lives. It was a hard task, though,  because I had to keep my school grades up at the same time!

No matter how hard it may be, I will work relentlessly towards my goal, moving closer all the time. I am living my life, living my dream. Thus continues life, a journey with loads of ups and downs… and a new and awesome passion.

Cathy says:
Awww… how cool? I will be looking out for Supty's books in the future… her determination and enthusiasm remind me of myself at the same age! Do YOU have a dream career? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I do have a dream career. It is a writer too. Thanks you cathy so much you have changed my life too. I wanted to become a writer because of your fantastic books they made me want to become a writer. your a brilliant writer cathy. your strories have helped me write mini stories about other made up character.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite being 12, I've had this crazy idea for about a year now... I want to be a teacher and an author. I'll live on the Isles Of Scilly and work at the little school there; my parents agree as they wouldn't mind living down there too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...