Tuesday 26 April 2016

CAMERA COOL!

I met reader Meabh at a recent signing in Dublin... and asked her to write about her very cool polaroid-type camera!

Meabh says:
I was given a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera as a Christmas present this year and I absolutely love it. It comes in a whole range of amazing colours... black, white, yellow, blue, pink, raspberry and grape. My camera is is a soft pink colour and I love it! The idea of the Instax camera is that it's like an old fashioned 'polaroid' type camera, which are very cool again now at a time when everyone has digital cameras or cameras on their phones. There's nothing old-fashioned about this though - it's very easy to use. You just turn it on, press the button and your photo pops out... a real photo, not just on-screen! There's a viewfinder you can look through to see what your picture is going to look like... this is very important, because once you press that button your photo will instantly print. There's no deleting like with digital!

The photos are printed as soon as you take them and take three to five minutes to develop fully. This is great - no more going to the print shop or making do with on-screen photos! At Christmas I was able to take photos of all my relatives, and when they were going home they could take the photos with them! They still have them, too! The photos have a cute little white border around them, very retro! There are lots of accessories you can get for this camera, such as a bag, stickers and special lenses that can make your photos different colours. You can hang the finished photos up on your wall with pretty ribbons and pegs, too!

Of course, it's not all perfect. If you are not happy with the way you look in a photo, there's no going back - it will be printed the moment you press  that button! As the film for the camera is quite expensive in some shops, you don't want to waste it! There's one other major  drawback, too... LOTS of people will be very jealous of your camera!

I am totally in love with my brilliant Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera - I absolutely love the fact that you can hold your memories in your hand just moments after they've happened!

Cathy says:
I think I fell in love with this camera too... how cool? Y'know me... it just has to be retro, right? Would YOU cope with a camera that isn't digital? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutly love to have one of those cameras!! They are my all time favourite and I am saving up to get one. If I had one of those it would be easy to survive without a digital camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I didn't realise they where still a thing until I went to a wedding last summer, there was a box of funny outfits and you had to dress up take a photo and put it in the guest book! They are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually quite interested in this - I'm going to go and look it up now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me I would really like it! They are so much more simple and easier to use then a digital camera. I also like that you can instantly have them in your hands. If you take a really good photo then you don't have to wait forever to get it printed!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...