Sunday 5 June 2016

I LOVED BROKEN HEART CLUB BECAUSE...

Readers share their feedback on BROKEN HEART CLUB... have YOU read it yet?

Elizabeth says:
I absolutely loved reading BROKEN HEART CLUB... it's my new favourite. I love the way Cathy switched between Ryan's perspective and Eden's, and the twist at the end was amazing. I loved the way the whole story built up to finally reveal everything that happened during the friends' last summer together...

Kira says:
BROKEN HEART CLUB is an amazing book with so many twists and turns you won't be able to put it down. It is my fave CC book ever, and I have read a LOT of CC books! I was reading this book in school and got told off for not listening and reading when I shouldn't have been - I couldn't help it though. I read the whole thing in two days and I've read it twice more since then... love it!

Evie says:
I had never read a Cathy Cassidy book before but this was given to me and I was gripped from page one. The characters seemed so real that I felt as if I knew them, and that I was going through all the emotional ups and downs with them. There is a huge twist in the tail of this book that changes everything, and I am not ashamed to say I cried... I can't remember a book having such a huge impact on me before. I now plan to read every single book that Cathy has written, which should keep me busy for a while, right?

Sumisha says:
BROKEN HEART CLUB is my new favourite book ever. I love emotional YA type books and this one was just incredible, so believable and so heartbreaking. No spoilers, but there is a massive secret folded into the story and once you get to the end you have to go back and read it again just to see it from that different point of view. I have had the book for three weeks and I've now read it four times... you could say I'm obsessed!

Laura says:
I really identified with this book as my friendships changed when I went to secondary school too. This was such a bittersweet read and I had this sense of something beneath the surface all the time I was reading it. Then at the end everything fell into place and I was just amazed really. The story has stayed in my mind ever since and I keep finding more things to think about, more layers of meaning. I have been going on about BROKEN HEART CLUB to my friends and most of them have read it now, even those who hadn't read Cathy Cassidy books before. There are a lot of fans of this book in my school!

Carine says:
I got a signed copy of this book and met Cathy, and it was the first time I had read her books. This is now my favourite book ever. I love it because it is so full of feelings and you get to see things from different points of view and you can piece the whole picture together which was magical. I could not put the book down. I even cried at the end... what a plot twist. And I fell in love with Ryan. I've read BROKEN HEART CLUB two more times since then and I am now determined to read every book Cathy Cassidy has written. #fangirl

Maggi says:
I loved BROKEN HEART CLUB. There were so many clever, heartfelt threads running through the story, like the paper cranes Eden makes to try to make her wish come true. I loved the idea and I went to the CC website to find out about the Sadako legend and how to make paper cranes. I have read a lot of CC books but this one was the best of all, just wow. I give it a hundred stars out of five!

Cathy says:
Awww... thank you guys! (***Blushes!***) Have YOU read BROKEN HEART CLUB yet? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

3 comments:

  1. Actually, it's one of the best books I've read in 2016 so far. I can't decide between BHC and Square Root of Summer. .. I think the next CC book should have coloured edges on the pages though.. Like my copy of Square Root of Summer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read it now after winning it, I loved it, it was so emotional, I thought Eden was ME I related to her so much and she seemed to think in the exactly same way I think! the book felt so nostalgic to me because it made me think of things that have happened to me and it brought it all back. It was so shocking too, I've never had a shock like that in a book for a long time! I think I will write a longer review on my blog (which is new and it probably won't go anywere!! ) Oh yeah and I'm going to attempt to make paper cranes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing book another great book by Cathy Cassidy with twist and turns keep me reading all the way through and the ending was cool I wasn't expecting that everyone should read it ! I really hope you write another book or series in time for summer so I have something to read on holiday

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...