Wednesday 2 November 2016

AUTUMN DAZE...

Readers share their fave things about autumn... and what they're not so keen on! 

Jessica says:
I love running through the autumn leaves, but I'm not so keen on the cold when I am waiting for the school bus every morning!

Holly says:
Fave thing about autumn? The fact that it's my birthday!

Jassie says:
Bonfires and tidying up the garden are good, but also better plots on the TV soaps! Strange but true!

Amanda says:
I love curling up under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book on a rainy autumn day. When it's dry, I like to go out for a walk to see the autumn colours!

Jessica says:
Yes, Red and orange leaves against a grey sky, and a good book on a rainy day!

Sophie says:
I like snuggling up with hot chocolate and reading as well, or maybe watching a scary Hallowe'en film. I like pulling on a wooly hat and going for an autumn walk, too! I don't like the shorter days and the way it gets dark so early, though... it's depressing.

Violet says:
I like the fact that my cats start growing their winter coats and are extra fluffy! I also like wrapping up in a duvet, drinking hot chocolate and eating hearty meals. Comfort at its finest!

Deborah says:
It's the season I was born in, so I always feel like it's my season! I love the warm atmosphere that autumn gives and the colours of the trees. I also love the treats that we associate with autumn, like apple pie!

Katie says:
It's culturally acceptable to stay inside and read all day once the weather turns a bit iffy. Perfect!

Cheryl says:
Best things about autumn... golden leaves, chilly mornings, cosy nights, jumpers, pumpkin farms, wild seas, Hallowe'en! The worst thing? That it doesn't last longer!

Joanne says: The leaves, conkers, hot chocolate, Hallowe'en!

Lucie says:
The smell of bonfires and that gunpowder smell from fireworks... and the colours of the leaves... I love all that. I don't even mind the rain or the cold. The thing I don't like is how everything moves indoors again after the freedom of the summer... although that has it's compensations. Onesies and hot chocolate and curling up with a good book!

Thanks to blogger Kym for the fab autumn leaves photos!

Cathy says:
I love each season of the year and autumn definitely has a beauty all of its own... this year, for me, the beauty has been tinged with sadness but I am glad for that beauty all the same. What do YOU like best about autumn? COMMENT BELOW to tell all!

1 comment:

  1. I love autumn because although the cold isn't bitter, it's fresh... until it gets to around now and the mornings are freezing! Also, me and my friend like to feel childish again kicking bright leaves. On my birthday (November) I went on a really beautiful lakeside walk, and the frosty bright leaves were so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...