Friday 23 December 2016

A CHRISTMAS STORY... FOR FREE!

My lovely author pal Ruth Fitzgerald has just finished writing her Emily Sparkes series... but she has a special festive freebie story to share with you!

Ruth says:
This Christmas I am giving away a short story about Emily Sparkes and her friends called EMILY SPARKES AND THE WONDERLAND WORRIES. I've written four Emily Sparkes books now and there won't be any more books in the series, but I thought it would be fun to put together the occasional short story, as emily has so many fans and they're always so disappointed when i say the series is over! You can read the new story here www.ruthfitzgerald.co.uk

I'm sort of weaning myself off Emily too, I think. When I first started writing the stories both my daughters were in primary school, but now they're both in high school and the eldest is leaving there next year! I started writing the stories because my youngest daughter was having a few friendship problems, I realised there weren't many books about ordinary girls, who perhaps don't have a super best friend, but are just muddling through as best they can and trying to stay friends with someone! Emily's friend's aren't that great, but they're usually quite funny, and sometimes the only way to make yourself feel better about problems is to see the funny side and laugh about them!

I'm writing a new series now. No spoilers, but I'll just tell you it's historical and mysterious... but still fun, of course!

Cathy says:
I love Ruth's writing and I will definitely be checking out her freebie festive story! I think YOU should do it too, and then COMMENT BELOW to tell me how you got on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...