Tuesday 13 December 2016

ZAILA: YES NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD...

Reader Zaila always dreamed of a career in dance, but a health issue meant this would never be likely for her. Until a major operation changed everything...


Zaila says:
I've always wanted to be a professional ballroom and Latin dancer. I can't remember a time when I didn't want to dance. Unfortunately, I was born with a hip condition that made this very difficult, and so after mere months I was left with no choice but to quit. There is nothing more that I want in this world than to dance... and I'm finally going to be able to.

In August, I had the 'shelf' operation. This is where they take a piece of bone from your pelvis and attach it to you hip socket to deepen it. The 'shelf' operation is a major op, has a long recovery time and is very robust which makes it painful. It is also supposed to relieve a lot of the symptoms of bilateral hip dislocation.

I am only now beginning to walk again, but one of the first things I did was to go and see my consultant. Amongst other things, I brought up the subject of dancing again. Not only did he say it would be OK, he encouraged it - yes never sounded so good! After years of pushing my dream to the back of my head, it has become a possibility once more. Of course, I must recover completely before I can start my lessons, but this is an incentive to push harder through all the pain and aches. I cannot let anything stop me now. It is not an easy world, but all of us have a dream. If you've been looking for a sign to go and follow your dream, this is it... because seriously, if I can dance... well, you can do anything!

Cathy says:
I love the determination and positivity in this blog... and I am so happy for Zaila that her dreams of dancing can finally be reality! Have YOU ever had a dream that seemed impossible? COMMENT BELOW to tell us more!

2 comments:

  1. You are so brave, keep on dancing, do what you love, dancing is my life and even though I have a knee problem I am still dancing, it is the thing I love most❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so determined! I love dancing too; I have a condition which makes it hard for me too -- I guess me, you and Tayla are working through this together! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...