Tuesday 23 January 2018

MOLLIE SAYS: MY FEELINGS ARE ALL MUDDLED UP...

It's problem page time again on DREAMCATCHER, and reader Mollie has a problem for SKYE TANBERRY to solve...

Mollie says:
I have this friend, and he's a boy, and I used to have a crush on him but now I am just really confused and I don't know if I still like him or not. I know who HE likes, and I try my best to be a good friend and give him advice... but I don't know why I do that when I'm so confused about how I feel about him. We chat online no problem, but when we talk in person it always feels a little awkward and that makes me feel bad because he's a great friend and I don't want to lose that connection. I hate it when we chat when others are around, too, because I always think his friends - or mine - are judging us. It's such a muddle - help!

Skye says:
I think the crush may be fading - or you wouldn't need to ask me if there's an attraction or not! That's the nature of a crush - it can be quick and intense and all-consuming, and then it's over almost before you realise. You're left with a good friendship and that's great - just don't try to push it. I can't help wondering if the friendship is part of why the crush is fading - as you know each other and get on well, there would have been a chance to take things further, but I suspect neither of you would be ready for that. Keeping things on a friendship basis is safer! I hate the feeling that people are judging me for who I talk to, but in school people can be silly and make assumptions when nothing is going on. Brush off any silly remarks and just enjoy this friendship for what it is! Good luck!

Cathy says:
I agree with Skye - a crush can be short and sweet, at this age especially! If Mollie's feelings DO deepen at any point, she will have a strong friendship base to work from, and that can only be a good thing, but for now I think the muddles feelings signal that that friendship is all that she wants. What do YOU think? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...