Tuesday 2 April 2019

DISCOVERING CC BOOKS...

Reader Hannah describes a meeting with Cathy Cassidy - and finding new books to fall in love with!

Hannah says:
I met Cathy Cassidy on her trip to Trim Library in October last year, when my school went along to the library as part of Children's Books Ireland Festival. I recently bought the book LOOKING GLASS GIRL and I must say I'm in love. The dark theme is one I love reading! I'm twelve years old, so it's all very relatable for me... well, except the coma part of course!

Cathy Cassidy's books seem very down to earth and real, and I can tell with no doubt in my mind they are extremely accurate to how girls my age behave and think. It feels like looking in a mirror.
I plan to purchase or borrow CC's newest book, SAMI'S SILVER LINING. Not only because the book will undoubtedly be fantastic, but because the topic is one that is very close to my heart.
I am of Syrian heritage, so when Cathy talked about her inspiration for the book, I was greatly moved.

I am very into art. I like singing, writing poems, drawing and writing stories especially. Although my stories are more fantasy based than CC's would typically be, I noticed while reading her books they reminded me of something I'd maybe write myself. CC books are a big inspiration to me now and I really like their style - it is 100% my cup of tea. I am very happy I finally found an author whose books I can relate to!

Pic posed by model

Cathy says:
Aww... what a lovely blog! Thank you so much Hannah - I think we all love discovering a new author whose work we love! Have YOU ever been to a CC book event? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to any CC books except the Fab I have of CC. I love her books, not because I know about the stories of her but just because I find them too much interesting (when I look at the covers), God knows I try so hard to find her books, but come empty hands.

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...