Saturday 30 March 2019

THE BEST MUMS EVER!

We asked you to tell us why your mum is awesome... and readers of all ages told us! Happy Mother's Day!

Hollie says:
My mum is wonderful. We’ve been through hard times but never once has she given up on me, even when I’ve given up on myself! I know that no matter what she will always be by my side and wanting the best for me, always acting in my best interests. She is the rainbow in my rainy days, and when she gets upset I know it’s for me not with me. She will never know how special she is, and she will never understand how much sunshine she brings into everyone’s lives!

Sara says:
My mum is cool because she is calm, wise, clever, witty, gentle, caring, charming, an excellent thoughtful hostess, occasionally caustic, very beautiful, a firebreather, a great cook, a creative maker, resilient, independent, and taught me all I need to know about just bloody getting on with life regardless what is thrown at you. She is our queen! Noble, proud and strong!

Lucy says:
This is for my Gran... she always shouted the loudest at Sports Day!

Brunehilde says:
Because she is always here for me!

Luna says:
I love my mum because she is always there for me. I can talk to her about anything. She is very silly and makes me laugh, and she also gives the best cuddles and she makes really weird cakes! I'd be lost without her.

Rachel says:
She whispered bedtime story words to me of her own childhood - when giant folk and dragons circling misty mountain tops were real for her. She filled my head with magic, she ignited my imagination, and, which I think I was unbelievably lucky to know, she let me adventure untethered by adult interruption in the most glorious of Huckleberry Finn 1970's ways. My mum, the original Princess Bride.

Helen says:
My mam taught me to bake from the age of three and I still love it... that's what I always think of when I'm at her house!

Trish says:
My Mum was my rock, my best friend and cheerleader. She made the best cup of tea and gave the best hugs!

Katie says:
My mum is awesome because she is helping me get through university! Every day I send her a good morning message, a goodnight message, a pic of my outfit and about fifty billion other messages. I’m probably breaking Messenger records. Mum is helping me not only become independent, but feel independent too. She is the best present giver, and the best at everything really. I’ve come to appreciate her wisdom and her presence in my life more since moving away from home. I wouldn’t be where I am without her. And Mum is also awesome because I know she’ll pick up SASHA'S SECRET for me when she’s in the UK!

Cathy says:
Aww... lots of love to all the momma's out there! You're amazing - it's official! Have YOU celebrated Mother's Day today? What did you do? COMMENT BELOW to tell us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...