Sunday 17 January 2021

WISHES FOR A POST-LOCKDOWN WORLD...

We asked which things you'd like to leave behind in a post-lockdown world and which you'd like to hang onto... your answers were inspiring!

Ellie Anne says: I'd like to keep on writing my journal, and hold on to the peace and quiet a lockdown bringsI'm looking forward to going to live music events again and dancing, and I'd like to let go of the fear of boarding a plane or ship and worry about crossing the border...

Hayley says: I'd like to keep the slow weekend pace of life... but bring back hugging those we love!

Deanna says: Drawing and writing have been my most important ways to stay creative during the pandemic, and those things will still be important to me once all of this is over!

Helen says: I'd be happy to keep hold of social distancing in shops and public places - I hate feeling crowded. By contrast, I look forward to being able to hug friends and family again!

Sara says: I've discovered some unexpected new interests... gardening and running are two things I never thought I'd bother with! I feel more connected with myself and the world around me, and I would like to hang onto that feeling even after the pandemic.

Michelle says: I'd like to keep hold of the two metre distancing rules from strangers in public!

Simran says: Can we please keep quieter roads, less traffic and less pollution? And also kindness to others and keeping to the rules in order to help keep others safe. We can learn a lot from lockdown about community and caring for others.

Sam says: I've fallen in love with a rescue kitten and have been inspired to write and illustrate a book about her - I plan to hang on to this new creativity! I really miss my daughter, her partner and my granddaughter... bring back hugs!

Marilyne says: I am writing a long list of all the things I want to do with my family once this is all over. Life will go on, and I don't want to waste a minute of it! 

Laila says: Let's remember once this is over that it is PEOPLE and not things that matter, and that nature can help us when times are tough, and that the most important workers in our country are not politicians or celebs or royalty, but NHS and shop assistants and delivery drivers and teachers. We help each other when things get tough... let's keep on helping each other.

Artwork by reader Christabel.

Cathy says: Wow... some fascinating thoughts here... and we're pretty unanimous when it comes to the power of hugs! What have YOU learned from lockdown to carry forward for a better future? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...