Friday 16 October 2020

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT OCTOBER...

With more restrictions being imposed all around the UK, we're all in need of a cheer-up. We asked CC readers what they love most about October... here's what they said!


Amelie says: October means Halloween and you definitely need a pumpkin for that - we went to a farm nearby to choose ours. I looked around to see pumpkins of different shapes and sizes, round, knobbly fruits of orange, red, green and white. I never knew there were so many different types! I pushed my rose pink wheelbarrow into the never ending maze, not knowing which way to go first. A tingle of excitement ran down my spine. Crisp, fresh air made my cheeks blush as I weaved in and out of the pumpkin maze, trying to find exquisite autumnal treasures!

Amanda says: I love rainy October days when I don't have to go out or do anything. I can just curl up with a cat on my lap, a book to read and a cuppa within reach. Reading while the rain clatters down - I still get to travel, but I don't get wet. Perfect!

Rosie says: Big coats, boots and cosy knitted jumpers!


Hayley says:
 The colours, the smell of solid fuel fires, scouring for conkers, cosy afternoons under fluffy blankets... and get excited about Christmas!

Lisa Marie says:  Crisp autumnal leaves and the smell of the night air!

Rowan says: My daughter loves the smell of bonfires, the colours of the leaves, the colours of the sunrises and sunsets, and cosying up with candles lit, hot chocolate and a good film... snd I love making natural art from the beautiful autumn leaves!

Trish says: Bright red leaves on the maple trees and the first pumpkin spice latte of the year!


Olivia says:
My favourite thing is the sound of the leaves crunching under my feet as I walk!

Katie says: Halloween... and the uni year ending! (I'm in New Zealand...)

Jade says: Autumn leaves, sunsets and the smell of woodsmoke... it reminds me that we're getting near to Christmas!

Michelle says: Halloween! Dressing up, eating sweets and watching scary movies!

Ellie Anne says: The chestnut seller, pumpkin soup, Halloween. Plus, where I live, it's cool in the evenings but still warm enough to paddle in the sea!

Photo of Amelie in the pumpkin field by mum Nicola; Leaf art images from Rowan McManus.

Cathy says:

This is just what we need to cheer us up... thanks, everyone! What is YOUR fave thing about October? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...