Tuesday 10 July 2018

DANA: I'M IN LOVE WITH MY BEST FRIEND'S BF

HONEY TANBERRY sheds some light on reader Dana's tricky problem in today's problem page dilemma! Read on and see what you make of it...

Dana says:
You have to help! I think I am in love with a boy and I know he feels the same! The problem is, he is already going out with my best friend!! On the one hand I have no idea how to tell her and on the other I am overwhelmed with these emotions, I can’t get my head straight. I know he wants us to get together, but what if that means losing my best friend?

Honey says:
Alarm bells are ringing! OK, I know that when you fall for a boy you can fall hard, but let's be honest - teenage hormones are to blame for a lot of that, and teen crushes can be short and sweet. Would you risk a friendship for a flirtation that could be over before it's even started? I'll come clean here. I have been in a similar situation myself - before I met Shay - and I chose the boy over my friend. It was fun while it lasted, but it didn't last long, and to this day I miss the friendship I threw away far more than the boy.

Worse still, I've had this happen to me - if you count my step sister Cherry snatching Shay from under my nose. We've made our peace now, a few years on, but it was not the best of starts for me and Cherry. If this boy is serious about you and you are serious about him, he will do the honourable thing and finish with your friend. If you still feel the same way a couple of months on, by all means give it a go, but do NOT go behind your friend's back. You will only live to regret it.

Cathy says:
Strong words from HONEY - and I have to agree! What advice would YOU give to Dana? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...