Saturday 21 July 2018

WHY I LOVE TO WRITE!

Readers tell us what makes them tick when it comes to writing. Where does the inspiration come from? Let's find out...

Soumia says:
Writing is everything to me. it is my escapism and my therapy, I write to heal my wounds, to share my thoughts and feelings with the paper and to be a better person, I also write for others to make them feel better and to let them know that they aren't  alone. At a very young age I knew that writing is my passion but I haven't thought of making of it a career until few years ago and I still haven't made a step because I am waiting for the right time

BeeBee says:
I feel most complete when I'm writing, I can pour a bit of my soul into everything I write and there is nothing that compares to comfort it gives.

Blue says:
I write in a journal every night but that's mainly just a way of tracking whether I've had my medication and my mood in general so, overall, nothing too exciting. Although I've been experiencing a bit of a creative block recently, I write short stories on occasion, as you all know. Writing can take me out of my head (it's not exactly a 5 star resort in here) and it makes me feel good about myself when I get compliments. I shouldn't be ashamed to admit that I like to receive praise and validation - I'm only human! Since I was five, writing has been my main talent and one of the only things I ever received compliments on so it made sense to practice now that I'm out of school and writing fiction is no longer required of me. Don't want to get too rusty. The more people say they like my writing, the harder I try to live up to the expectations. Although it can be stressful at times, it feels like a feasible goal. It feels like writing a little piece of fiction is something I can achieve and one of the things I like about writing is that I get to choose. I get to write about the people and animals and otherworldly creatures that I want to write about. Sure, I'll always be able to pick out flaws in my writing but I'm sure even Picasso saw flaws in his artwork. Not that I'm comparable to Picasso or anything! Unlike the other writers here, I don't want to write a book. I don't have the attention span, the imagination, ambition or enough of a grasp of the world of publication to go through with that. Rambling short stories are the best I have to offer. But as long as people think my stories are worth reading, I'll consider them worth writing.

Katie says:
Writing is different to reading in that suddenly my creativity is in the spotlight. I use it as an outlet, and write short stories and poems, mostly. But one day I hope to write a book. Writing is my thing, a space for me to be creative. It’s very similar, in my opinion, to reading and acting, they all use words, and I think words should be studied carefully. You never know what they might do!

Olivia says:
Although I haven't written much I love writing stories. Once I start it's as if I can't stop until I reach the ending. I hope to write my own book in the future and have it published.


Amanda says:
I write poems and I've taken to writing a diary. It helps me to get through a difficult period. My feelings flow from my head into the pen and onto the paper. Then I feel better. I write about positive things as well. I love writing. Writing is different to reading in that suddenly my creativity is in the spotlight. I use it as an outlet, and write short stories and poems, mostly. But one day I hope to write a book. Writing is my thing, a space for me to be creative. It’s very similar, in my opinion, to reading and acting, they all use words, and I think words should be studied carefully. You never know what they might do!

Cathy says:
It's always fascinating to find out how and more importantly why people start writing. It is such a release for the emotions, turning them into something beautiful. What makes YOU pick up your pen? COMMENT BELOW to have your say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...