Thursday 12 July 2018

KATIE: SAMI'S SILVER LINING... A REVIEW

Reader Katie read SAMI'S SILVER LINING as soon as it came out... while on a visit to the UK from her home in New Zealand! Read her cool review...

Katie says:
While reading SAMI'S SILVER LINING, I was reminded that actually I live a very sheltered life. This book was the reminder I needed that there are people not so very far from home, who watched their friends’ conditions deteriorate, who only had a coat to remind them of their father and who constantly sought their silver linings in order to keep going.

The Lost and Found (save for one member brilliantly written by Cathy for SAMI'S SILVER LINING, you know who you are!) have become like friends to me. I didn’t want to put this latest instalment in the series down, to the point where in my first sitting I read eighty pages! Cathy’s writing is a brilliant mix of dynamic, feels-hitting prose, and the kinds of scenes that make you want to dive right in so you can hang out with your friends over and over!

SAMI'S SILVER LINING, as well as being the perfect summer read, depicts the heart-wrenching reality of Syrian refugees. My brain tends to get clogged when reading about these political-type issues, but not this time. From this book I have learned that the reality of Syrian refugees is Sami’s reality. The reality is that, for some people, 2018 is as hard to live in as 1918. Guys, you will love Cathy’s beautiful interpretation of this.

It is a special book, not just because of what a story it is (and I mean, what a story!), but because I actually got my copy signed!!! My first signed Cathy Cassidy book!!! Cathy actually took time out of her busy tour schedule to sign MY book! But go read LOVE FROM LEXIE AND SAMI'S SILVER LINING. You are in for a treat! Thank-you Cathy!

Cathy says:
It was amazing to meet up briefly with Katie and her family while racing through Victoria station in London on the way to the start of my book tour! I love Katie's review... have you read SAMI yet? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...