Tuesday 7 March 2017

JO: CRAZY LOVE TRIANGLE!

It's problem page time again on DREAMCATCHER - can Honey Tanberry find the right advice for reader Jo?

Jo says:
I had a crush on this boy at school for a few weeks. Then I discovered he actually liked my best friend... she knew I liked him but she was crushing on him too. At a recent disco, they kissed and he asked her out, and she said yes. Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for them both, but I can't pretend that I'm fully OK with them going out. I want to be friends with the boy, but it hurts, and I don't want to feel like a third wheel, or for things to get awkward. What should I do?

Honey says:
Hmm, cupid has rotten aim sometimes, right? Teen love can be complicated and awkward, but it rarely lasts long, so try your best to take this in your stride and even if you feel hurt by what's happened, act as though you're fine with it. Of course, hanging out with your friend and her boyfriend all the time would just rub salt into the wounds, so make time for new friends and other activities; stay busy and you won't feel so stuck in the middle of it all. Plan a busy social life, lots of fun and keep things busy at home and with school work too. It helps! I always say that a new crush is the best way to get over a failed romance, so you could start looking around for a new boy to get to know, but then again that line of thinking has got me into trouble in the past, so maybe not! Love hurts, but the hurt won't last forever, I promise.

Cathy says:
Good, honest advice from Honey... do YOU agree with her suggestions for Jo? What would YOU do? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in a similar situation, well, my BFF likes my crush, and everyone knows about my crush, including him, and I think he likes her too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you're not alone in this. You should tell your best friend how you feel, or a trusted person in your life, possibly write it in a diary if you have one-let your feelings out some way. Accept them, as hard as it may be. I'm going through something similar, you will get through this. Distract yourself doing something you love, and spending time with other friends. Remember, the relationship might not last forever. Try and focus on the positives-your best friend has found a guy who appreciates her and loves her for who she is-I'm sure it won't be long before you find another guy who will appreciate and love you for who you are, too! You're worth it-believe me, you will get through this! If you are struggling with jealousy, I recommend you watch wellcast-they've got videos on jealousy, as well as things like rejection. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...