Sunday 12 February 2017

KATE: LIFE, DEATH AND ALL THE BITS IN BETWEEN...

Reader Kate has been doing some deep thinking lately - about life, death and all the bits in between! Here she shares some of her thoughts in an unexpectedly inspiring post!

Kate says:
We're all going to die. Everyone. We can't stop it, it's going to happen. It doesn't ask for permission and sometimes it comes very unexpectedly. It just comes and takes you. This is why life is so precious - and why we should cherish every moment, no matter how boring it may seem - because someday life will run out. You may not realise how much you would beg and plead to live through those few seconds of boredom again, to have them come back to you... because someday, we are all going to run out of seconds.

I wish I could go back to the time when I was three (even though I am eleven now.) Life seemed simpler then. Life can be stressful as you get older, but we have to keep the big picture in mind, and think of how the long term results and consequences will make your life easier and more enjoyable later on. Hard work now will make things easier later, or so they say! I often wonder if that's true and I wonder why I'm alive - am I more than just 'science stuff' on legs, or am I some kind of walking experiment?

Is there such a thing as the afterlife or is it just a myth so we're not scared to die? I hope it's real because I'm really scared that I won't think anymore once I've died. I'd like to think of it as a sleep, but the truth is that for most of us, after fifty years or so, when all the people who knew you are gone, your life is forgotten too. Unless you make a difference. Have you ever been taught about the amazing life of the person who sat on the sofa watching TV all day? No! Instead, you have heard about the people who stand up and do something amazing with their lives, people like Martin Luther King Jr who stood up for black people's rights in the US, and is remembered now for his bravery and vision.

Would YOU like to be the forgotten person who slumps on a sofa, or do you want to be remembered? Do you want to get out there and change the world, explore your potential, learn and understand and make a difference? You only have one life, and it will end, but your legacy is a whole different story - your legacy can live on. But you can only create a true legacy if you live your life to the full and do something meaningful with your time on Earth! We can do it!

Cathy says:
Wow... lots of things to think about here! I love Kate's take on life and death, and love that it has motivated her to be the best person she can be! Would YOU like to be remembered for your achievements? What kind of things would you like to do with your life? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...