Tuesday 13 March 2018

MARIANA: READING CC IN PORTUGAL!

Portuguese reader Mariana tells us about the book that first got her reading Cathy Cassidy in another of our series on CC readers around the world...

Mariana says:
I received DIZZY (in Portuguese, AN UNFOR-GETTABLE BIRTHDAY) on my tenth birthday, a gift from my best friend at the time. I have always been a bookworm, so getting a book was not a surprise. However, the book had every shade of bright pink and I was not a girly girl; pink was my least favourite colour. I politely thanked my friend and left the book in my room, unread. Of course, being a bookworm, I eventually ran out of books to read and DIZZY was my only option. I picked it up and started reading, and suddenly I just couldn't put it down. I was amazed by the storyline, and felt as if I was the one living it... being friends with Mouse and Finn and Dizzy eating Tess's food and playing with Leggit.

I loved the book. The way the festivals were described, the atmosphere, the lights, music and colours... it made me long to go to festivals like that one day. Just go, make new friends, stay up all night, leave all my worries behind. I loved the books so much I gave it to a friend who wasn't keen on reading. I thought she might like it, but I was wrong - she completely LOVED it! She texted me saying it was now her favourite book and if she could she'd read it forty times or more.

I've lost contact with the friend who gave me the book, but I'd like to thank her for introducing me to the world of Cathy Cassidy; and I'd like to thank Cathy for creating the story in the first place. Like DIZZY, I will never forget the story of that summer. It reminds me of some song lyrics... 'people change, but the memories don't.'

Cathy says:
I love this post... it means so much that readers all around the world are connecting to my books. Which book has made a huge impression on YOU? COMMENT BELOW to tell us more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...