Thursday 22 December 2016

WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO ME...

We ask readers what the real meaning of Christmas is for them... is it about religion? About giving? Family? These are just some of the answers we got...

Bev says:
Christmas is the time of year to be thankful for all you have and for the amazing family you have. It's  about coming together as a family and reflecting on the year.

Mary says: 
For me the meaning is simple... Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our Lord and saviour.

Katie says:
Christmas is about having a party in the summer with family (yes, summer... I live in New Zealand!) It doesn't matter whether it's all the family or close family, because Christmas is also about reaching out. Christmas makes everyone happy... it's about giving.

Grace says:
Christmas is about the people you see as family - doesn't have to be your actual family. Often, I find that my friends are like family to me. It's about spending time with those you care about, related or not.

Ana says:
Christmas is when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus - it's simple, but it's ALL. In Spain, we have nativity scenes at home, at school and at work. Feliz Navidad!

Chantelle says:
It's about celebrating the birth of Jesus and spending time with family, friends and those you love!

Violet says:
Mum's a lapsed Catholic, but it has never been religious for us. Christmas helps us get through the winter - it's cold, it's damp and we're all fed up. And we like to give gifts! There's nothing like choosing the perfect gift for someone and seeing how happy they are. The food is a plus too... panettone and stollen and Yorkshire puds and stuffing and sprouts (I'm a bit weird in my tastes, OK?) Without Christmas, we'd probably have to hibernate, and that wouldn't work out well!

Shirley says:
It's about looking after other people... our own and others. It's about hope.

Cathy says: 
Love this! So many fab descriptions of what Christmas means to you... and if your comment isn't included, fear not... I had enough comments to do a second blog too, which will go live NEXT Christmas! So... what does Christmas mean to YOU? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas means celebrating Jesus birth to me, he came as a lowly little baby to shine as a light and save us. I also love spending time with my family and friends, exchanging gifts, eating good food and getting festive! Merry Christmas everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me Christmas means spending time with my family and friends and it's just so exciting! Christmas Eve is really special and magical! Also, I love waking up on Christmas morning and you always have that Christmassy feeling! I also love getting presents for everyone and I also like receiving them! I mean who doesn't??
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...