100g caster sugar
75g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
* Preheat your oven to 200c/400f/Gas Mark 6.
* Place around eighteen paper cake cases into some bun tins.
* Measure all the ingredients out into a large bowl and beat the mixture well until it is smooth and well blended.
* Spoon the mixture into the paper cases to about half-full (they will rise in the oven!) Divide the mixture evenly between the cases.
* Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cakes are done… you can test this by inserting a knife or skewer into one of the cakes. If it comes out clean, the cakes are done. Also, the cakes should spring back when pressed lightly.
* Once cooled, ice the cupcakes with buttercream… you can add a bit of food colouring if you like, but that's optional! You can either buy ready-made buttercream or make your own… it's easy. I used a recipe from the BBC Goodfoods website, but if you do the same halve the quantities… I have a piping bag full of unused buttercream!
* Sit back, relax and enjoy a cake… tidying up can wait a minute, right?
I made these cakes for a friend's birthday. I had to give them to her at school, as her birthday was at the weekend, but unfortunately the cakes got squished on the bus and all the icing came off! I had to explain that the meaningless blobs had once been a heartfelt message…
Wow… these look SO good! I think my day NEEDS some chocolate cupcakes. COMMENT BELOW if you like the look of these… or if you have some fab recipes you'd like to share on DREAMCATCHER!
Oh, WOW!!! I love baking, but not as much as I love the look of those cupcakes!ReplyDelete
Thanks! Laura :)Delete
I have an awesome recipe for cranberry and white chocolate sweet scones! MéabhReplyDelete
Meabh - please message me via FB or email via link on cathycassidy.com to share your recipe for DREAMCATCHER… those scones sound yum! xxxDelete