Friday 1 December 2017

WINTER WONDERLAND...

I asked you to share your favourite things about winter... and your least favourite! This is what you said...

Bev says:
I love Christmas, love snuggling up under a blanket with a good book, and love the snow - but I hate going to work in the dark, hate the icy rain and hate waiting around on cold railway station platforms!

Michelle says:
I love everything about Christmas time! All through December, I love the build up to it... putting up decorations, shopping and wrapping presents... and the warm happiness of being with family on Christmas Day! I love that the autumn leaves still crunch under your boots and that my rabbits can still play in them in the garden. I hate the cold and the frost, though it's bliss to snuggle up in warm covers at night and wear comfy, thick winter PJs and drink hot Vimto!

Helen says:
Love: wearing cosy thick jumpers, boots and socks. Hate: being dressed in said jumpers, boots and socks when the weather isn't as cold as it was forecast!

Katie says:
I'm among the very few people to strongly dislike winter - I hate the cold, I can never get warm. The only good thing is Christmas!

Toni says:
Love: warming up with cot chocolates with melting marshmallows. Hate: cold, dark mornings!

Violet says:
It's cold and icy and I'm never going to get over the time I slipped in S4 and dropped mince pies everywhere... *sobs*. It's dark most of the time and insipid Christmas music and ads and decorations are everywhere by the start of November which is too early! However, I like warm duvets and warmer cats, and staying in to read a book (or three)! I had a fudge hot chocolate from Starbucks earlier and honestly, just fill an Olympic sized swimming pool with that stuff and give me a spoon!

Caitlin says:
I love wrapping up warm in coats and scarves, feeling cosy - and hate the dark mornings! They just make me want to stay home!

Eileen says:
Fave things? Mulled wine, mince pies, a fleecy onesie and Strictly Come Dancing on TV... ticks all my boxes!

Hannah says:
Christmas with my family, snow, hot chocolate and Holiday on Ice shows on TV are my favourite bits of winter!

Clare says:
I love the snow... the deeper the better... as long as I'm not driving!

Jessica says:
Best bit of winter? My birthday in January - it always makes me grateful for another year of life!

Cathy says:
I love these! What are YOUR fave things about winter? And your least fave? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...