Tuesday 8 December 2015

BOOT CAMP: STEPPING OUT IN STYLE!

More readers talk about their favourite winter boots… watch out, snow, we're coming to getcha!


Maddy says:
I first got my Dr Marten boots a couple of months ago from Winfields Outdoor Centre shop. I bought them because I'd never had Docs before and they were soooo pretty and really, really, REALLY comfy - they are acid pink with little flowers on them and black laces. I chose them because a/ they were the only size sevens #bigfeetproblems and b/ they were the most gorgeous boots ever! I love wearing them because they make me even taller than I already am and they go with pretty much everything. I wore them to school for the last non-uniform day and lots of people complimented me. I love the fact these boots make me stand out, because I hate blending in! My favourite memory of wearing my boots is when I wore them to a Cathy Cassidy event - and she liked them so much she asked me to write about them! If you're thinking of getting Dr Martens boots, I'd say GO FOR IT!

Hazel says:
I got these amazing new wellies a couple of weeks ago and I love them so much! I've been needing wellies ever since I got back to the UK… my poor shoes, perfect for California, where we used to live, do NOT handle mud well! As for snow… well, let's just say we haven't seen that for a while, so it's probably a good thing to be prepared! The boots have a gorgeous flowery pattern and I got some super-soft boot socks to go with them - yeah! So they're not just for rainy days but will be warm and cosy when the really bad weather comes in, too. Which is happening a bit sooner than I thought, actually! A great fit and they look good too… I'm a happy girl!

Katy says:
My brown boots came from a vintage shop in Liverpool two years ago and date from the 1930s or 40s. They cost £20 but if I'd paid ten times that they'd still have been worth it. They have a little heel and the leather is very soft, which makes them the most comfortable boots I have ever had. They are unique, too… nobody else has anything quite the same, and I love the idea that they had a whole different life once, back in the 30s or 40s. I'd love to know who wore them then! I wear them in the summer with lacy tights and in winter I add thick socks for warmth. I admit I am a bit obsessed. I wear them to college, I wear them out, I wear them every chance I get. The sad truth is that they are starting to split along the edges of the soles and I know they won't last forever… but for seventy-year old boots, they haven't done too bad!

Cathy says:
Ooh… I have a fave pair of boots just now too… maybe I'll share a pic sometime! What would YOUR dream boots be? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

3 comments:

  1. I consider myself more of a combat and goth boots kind of girl but Katy's vintage boots are gorgeous! £20 was a bargain for those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Katy's boots :)
    Would anyone read my blog, it's called Creative writing dreams
    belladreamdaydream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sadly don't have any but should have asked for some at Christmas..... Whoops! Where would you buy some? (ideal sized for 9 or 10 year olds.)

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...