Tuesday 1 December 2015

WHAT TO DO ON A RAINY DAY...

Another rainy day? Don't be sad, check out our reader suggestions for passing the time in a cool and memorable way!


Nadia says:
Easy - put on your hat, scarf, wellies and waterproof coat and get out there to jump in some puddles! Once you make the decision to go outside, you'll feel loads better. Take a walk and you'll come back all re-energised!

Lauren says:
I like Nadia's idea, because that's what I do, but I like to wait until the rain has stopped and go out then. There is such a sense of peace, and everything smells amazing! (I know, I'm mad, sorry!) I take out my phone and take lots of pictures, because the world just looks more beautiful after a rain storm!

Janine says:
A rainy day is a perfect excuse to snuggle up inside with a blanket and a handful of your favourite DVDs. Popcorn and pizza optional!

Calla says:
I actually love the rain, and sometimes I quite like the sensation of getting wet! I don't like it if the rain slides down your coat collar and down your neck, or if your shoes leak when you step in a puddle, but have you ever tried running out into the rain without a coat and just turning your face up to the sky, and letting the rain fall on you? I did this with friends at school last week and trust me it was amazing! (And no, we didn't all get pneumonia!)

Joanna says:
I love the sound of the rain on the roof. We have a conservatory at home and if it's raining I like nothing better than curling up in there with the rain pounding against the glass roof and me all cosy and warm inside! Hot chocolate helps, too!

Savita says:
I love crafting and if it's wet I know I can set aside a whole afternoon to making things. I am knitting a scarf at the moment so the next time it rains I might even venture out! Or not…

Mariam says:
I am not a fan of being out in the rain, but I like rain in some ways because it brings out my thoughtful side. If I can, I will sit on the window seat in our living room and press my face against the glass and think sad thoughts. Rain is perfect poetry-writing weather!

Cathy says:
Love these ideas! What is YOUR favourite way to spend a rainy afternoon? COMMENT BELOW to share your ideas!

4 comments:

  1. I will write, or go outside for a walk as long as its not storming. I love the smell of the world after it rains, so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to walk outside or stay in and be cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. relax, have fun, play a board game and bond with family and friends. I see a blanket, movie pizza and popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,I love the smell after it rains.It's so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...