Wednesday 9 December 2015

MOLLY: SCARED OF THE CHRISTMAS DISCO

It's problem time again on DREAMCATCHER and reader Molly has a worry for Coco Tanberry to solve… will you agree with her advice?

Molly says:
I'm in Year Eight and everyone in my year is allowed to go to discos. My parents have said I can go to the school's Christmas disco, but the more I think about it the more nervous I become. I don't really like crowded rooms with music blaring everywhere and I don't like getting all dressed up or wearing make up. Plus none of my friends have invited me to get ready with them. I really don't want to go but at the same time I do. What should I do?

Coco says:
I feel your pain. I am not a disco girl, and I think I might actually be allergic to dresses and make up. I DO like parties, though, because they're fun and all about celebrating with your friends! The bottom line is that if you don't give this a go you will never know whether you'd have liked it or not, and you may spend the next year feeling like you've missed out! Most situations are better when your friends are around, so don't wait for them to invite you to get involved - tell them how you're feeling and ask them to help you pick an outfit, create a make up look and have fun. Go shopping, talk about the disco and allow yourself to get excited about it… if you think it will be fun, the chances are it will be! You can always invite one or two of your shyer friends - or the confident ones - over to your house to get ready beforehand - don't wait to be asked! Who says you have to wear a flash dress or fancy make up? Follow your own style! On the night, throw yourself into the fun and let yourself enjoy it…  I bet it's awesome!

Cathy says:
Good advice, but does it go far enough? What would YOU say to Molly? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

1 comment:

  1. I think i'd say what Coco said you will only regret what you didn't do and everyone will be talking about how great the disco was and how much fun they had. You don't want to miss out on the fun!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...