Wednesday 17 June 2015

WORZEL: IT'S A DOG'S LIFE...

I am a firm believer that anyone can blog and/or write a book if they set their mind to it. Well, almost anyone! And rescue lurcher Worzel, whose Facebook page I follow loyally, has just proved me right… read on and see why!

Worzel says:
My name is Worzel Wooface and I are a Hounds First Sighthound Rescue dog. Hounds First help to find safe and luffly homes for lurchers, greyhounds, whippets and other long, tall, skinny dogs all across the UK. I came to live with my famberly in Suffolk in 2014 and ever since I've kept a diary of my life; I are a dog wot blogs.

I write about my hadventures and successes but I is also very honest and I tell people when fings go wrong… like the time I jumped in our neighbours pond and refused to get out. I also tell stories about the people in my famberly, and mostly they think my stories are fabumazing but the teenagers who live here are not so sure. They say they'd like to be able to get a job one day, or a date, or even just get served in the shop without people giggling at them, so I call them the 'previously ginger one' and the 'fuge ginger boyman' in my stories, even though they has perfectly good real names. I also write about the five cats who live with my famberly - mostly they are friendly to their luffly boykin Worzel, but some of them are quite blinkin' scary and bop me on the nose for no reason at-very-tall. I find it quite hard to know how I has hoffended them.

Recently, as well as being a dog wot blogs, I has becomed an author. An author is someboddedy who sits in a room with a confuser and tells everyboddedy to make the dinner because they are too busy trying to meet a deadline. Or remember a himportant word that they wanted to use but then forget it because the milkman rings the doorbell and wants his money. My book WORZEL WOOFACE - MY QUITE VERY ACTUAL BOOK has just been published and you can get it from amazon. A percentage of the book is going to support Hounds First Sighthound Rescue. I has made two types of books - an e-book and an hedible version. Hoomans call the hedible version a paperback. Mum says that I should not be doing nibbling on books because it is actual very hexpensive. But if she leaves one on the bed then I can't actual resist - they is just too actual yummy for words.

You can find out more about Worzel here…




Find out more about Hounds First Sighthound Rescue at www.houndsfirst.co.uk

Cathy says:
I have two rescue lurchers too and am a big fan of the lovely Worzel… I have just ordered his book. With a percentage of the sales going to Hounds First Sighthound Rescue, I couldn't resist! If you're a dog-lover, you could do the same! Do YOU have a pet with a story to tell? COMMENT BELOW to tell us more!

13 comments:

  1. I know Worzel is a dog (and a very lovely one at that) but his grammar is a kick in the face to my alter-ego, The Proofreader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd shudder at this, but what a dog! Dog grammar is clearly very different… ;o) xxx

      Delete
  2. One thing that's for sure is that Worzel is really bad at his grammar and spelling . . .




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you think? He's a LOT better than my dogs… ;o) xxx

      Delete
  3. 'lo Blue Whatsername and Zarin!
    Fing is, I did not do going to school cos I was too busy being a luffly boykin. I do very happreciate you would find it ignomously difficult to proof-read. Mum says you should feel quite very sorry for the hooman who had to do this difficult work. It nearly did drive them bonkers.

    I hope you do like my quite very actual book wot I did try ever, hever so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, if you aren't good with grammar, then what are you good at?

      (Being the most adorable comedian, I suppose . . .)

      Delete
    2. 100% love Worzel… he's a star. xxx

      Delete
    3. I are exerlent at hobserving peoples doing fings and then telling everyboddedy else about those actual fings. I are also the fastest doggy I do know. But the fing I is bestest at is taking up all of the hentire bed and keeping Mum and Dad awake wriggling. Wot fings is you fabumazing at?

      Delete
    4. Maths and grammar - and tackling the boys in football tournaments!!!

      Delete
  4. This is just adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to admit it but I'm really taking to Worzel's way of speaking. I certainly won't be following suit but still...aww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that mean I've become Spellchecker?

      Delete
  6. worzel love your grammar (sorry Zarin and blue whatsername)
    Keep helping people Worzel!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...