Thursday 24 April 2014

CHERRY COLA CUPCAKES HEAVEN...

Ooh... reader Carrie made some gorgeous cherry cola cupcakes with chocolate chips... a little like the yummy cherry chocolate cola cake in my book CHERRY CRUSH! Carrie shares her recipe here... you'd be crazy not to give it a go!

Cherry Cola Choc Chip Cupcakes

Cupcakes:
150g self raising flour
150g sugar
150g butter
3 medium eggs
100g dark choc chips
Cherry essence to taste - approx 1 teaspoon

icing:
100g butter
100g icing sugar
1 teaspoon Sainsbury's cola flavouring

Method:
To make the cupcake mixture, cream butter and sugar, add beaten eggs with a couple of tablespoons of flour to prevent curdling. Mix in rest of flour, choc chips and cherry essence. Divide between twelve cupcake cases in a muffin tray and bake at 180 degrees in a fan oven for about 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

To make the icing, cream butter and icing sugar gradually; mix in cola flavouring and swirl onto cupcakes. You can add a tiny bit of food colouring to the mix if you'd like a brightly coloured icing... Carrie used red; and you can decorate with sugar sprinkles, Smarties or chocolate curls... perfect!

Enjoy!

Cathy says:
COMMENT BELOW to let us know if you like the sound of these... I know I do! Do you have a favourite recipe you'd like to share on DREAMCATCHER? You can tell me about it here!

3 comments:

  1. These sound like lush cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like Heaven! It sounds a LOT like heaven (Angel Cake joke!)! Next time I make cupcakes I'm hunting out the cola and cherry essences to add to my collection. I think the best cupcakes I ever made were my valentine's day cupcakes. They were red velvet oreo cupcakes with vanilla icing on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im gonna do them as my school bake sale!! they sound delishus :):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...