Friday 22 August 2014

CLASS OF 2014: GETTING READY!

The second in our series following five girls as they prepare for secondary school… with term time getting closer, how are they feeling?

Carys says:
We went shopping for school uniform at the beginning of the holidays - I'm so small that they decided that if they needed to order anything specially, at least they'd have the whole of the holidays to do it! (Or maybe my mum just wanted it out of the way!) Our uniform is a maroon jumper and skirt, a white blouse and black trousers. The tie is clip on (my mums thinks that's cheating, what do you think?). I'm still really excited about starting school - seeing my old primary friends and making some new ones!d a bag too… it wasn't easy, as it had to be big, but not TOO big! Only two weeks now to the start of term! I'm a little sad about leaving primary, but the excitement of starting a new school has really kicked in now so I'm feeling less sad by the minute - I can't wait to see my old primary friends and make some new ones!

Emma says:
I've got my uniform sorted, which was super-scary - it's very different to my old one, and it even has to have my name on every single item! I'm still getting all my supplies ready - bags, pens, pencil case… but I need a lot more stationery because I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more work! I still have a few bits and pieces of uniform to find, too, but I'm almost there. As the days get closer I am getting more and more excited… not long now!

Imogen says:
As the time gets closer I am getting more and more nervous about starting high school - I am scared I won't be able to keep track of all my classes! But I know there will be people to ask, and I'll have a map. I will be walking in on the first day with my older sister - on the day I start high school, she starts sixth form! I have got most of my uniform now but I still need half of my stationery. I have got a clip-on tie which is great - I won't have to learn how to tie a tie! Mum got me a pocket-sized dictionary and covered it in Cath Kidston paper, which is cool… and it's my birthday soon, so I'm hoping to get some school stationery then!

Pippa says:
I'm happy to say that my negative feelings about starting secondary school have vanished. Any arguments with my old friends from primary have been made up, which I am really pleased about… we will be there for each other in secondary school, but we know we are all moving on too and that's the best thing, really. I have loved shopping for my new school supplies. I absolutely adore the colours and patterns on my new satchel - I can't wait to try it out for real. And my shoes are potentially the nicest shoes I have ever had! When I first tried on my blazer, I looked extremely odd… but with my shirt and a thick jumper underneath, I understood why I had to get such a large one! I also have a skirt, some trousers and new hair bows just for the fun of it! I can't wait to get my pencil case as well… I already have most of my other stationery. I can't wait to start!

Sophie says:
I am looking forward to starting school! I got my hair cut to my neck… I had eleven inches cut from it in February and now it's even shorter - Mum says it looks like an old lady's cut! I have a black blazer, white shirt, black trousers and black Converse trainers, The uniform cost loads. The shirts look like men's shirts, which I like. My uniform at primary was brown and we had to wear a skirt, so this new uniform is way better. I've got a new Green Day bag and some cool new stationery… I'm as ready as I will ever be!


Cathy says:
Time is ticking by… the girls will soon be starting their new schools! Check in soon to see how their FIRST DAY goes! COMMENT BELOW to tell us if YOU are ready for the new school term… or to wish Carys, Emma, Imogen, Pippa or Sophie luck!

17 comments:

  1. I'm now going into year 8 (second year of high school) and when I started I was worried about missing classes but you don't you get given a time table good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where on earth did Sophie find a Green Day bag? I want one! And I'm thinking of replacing my boring black and white backpack anyway. It works but flowery patterns are just not me and you cannot wear a backpack on the bus if you're standing up (which I always am because the bus queue is not first come, first served, it's "let's push the smaller people to the back of the queue by shoulder barging them out of the way!"). Plus no one at college had a backpack except a few boys. Most people have messenger bags. I'm not one to follow the crowd but messenger bags are my favourite type of bags, Mum fobbed me off with a backpack saying "Everyone will have backpacks". No. They don't. I look like an overgrown child (actually, I don't look overgrown). Only schoolkids wear backpacks, college students do not. So. A new bag is needed, I think. And a Green Day bag sounds awesome!
    Blue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr a green day bag sounds cool! ps I love ur style blue its so cool! Hamdi:)Xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm going to be in my last year of primary, which doesn't seem much of a big deal but I am actually REALLY nervous. About how I'm getting a whole lot older, about how I'm going to make new friends in high school, about my S.A.Ts. I haven't even bought my school uniform, but I've bought my bag and ordered my lunch bag off the internet. GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no need to be worried! I was really anxious about my last year of Primary School as there are things such as S.A.T's and residential (or at least in my case). But really, in my opinion, it's the best year of my life so far! S.A.T's are nerve wracking but I was pretty confident by the time they cam e round - I actually enjoyed them! Unfortunately, my mum fell ill a short while before my residential and I didn't want to go! However, I did and loved every second of it! And, as for secondary school, you'll be fine; there's so much support for new pupil's... EVERYWHERE. It's brilliant! You might choose to stay mainly with friends from your primary school or, like me, make new friends. It is most likely the school will give you plenty of opportunities to meet new people! Just do whatever makes you most comfortable.
      Good Luck!

      Delete
  4. Totes excited bout starting secondary. I live in Ireland so I am a year older than these girls and we are going back in 2 days!!! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck! Hope you get on really well!

      Delete
  5. I'm going into 3rd year this year which is the junior cert exam year. Good luck to everyone starting first year/year seven/S1!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super nervous about going into my last year of primary school! I live in Ireland so its like going into year 2 of secondary school in England. 4 days till school starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck! I'm sure you'll be fine! :D

      Delete
  7. In South Australia you start school term at the start of the year and grade 7 is in primary school and I am in year 5
    Good luck guys ! Tell me how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck everyone who is starting yr 7. I'm bout to start yr 8 in september and high school is a lot of fun, the best bit is making new friends! I've made some really close friends while at high school for only a yr! Hamdi:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same stationary!!! I am a hugeeeee Marvel fan hence my name! I actually run my own Marvel blog, I am obsessed with Marvel comics, films and actors. I got a Marvel bag for school too plus an Avengers hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm starting High School tomorrow and really nervous! I'm quite used to the school though because I've been on the transition day and an after school project. On the transition day, I made two new friends and I'm keeping in touch with them on instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope everyones first day went well today! I don't go back to School til Thursday as I'm in Year 11, my last year :D

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...