Wednesday 13 August 2014

SUMMER STYLE REPORT: HATS OFF TO SUMMER!

Another in our series of summer style round-ups… DREAMCATCHER reporter Manda goes in search of the perfect hat!

Pic one…
Manda says:
The black and white hat caught my eye, but it was a bit too big and floppy to be something I'd actually wear. Then again, I am always open to new options, and the pure goofiness and randomness made it lots of fun to try on!

Cathy says:
The shape of this fab sunhat is very flattering and suits Manda well… but the black and white stripes make it very dramatic. It's very much a statement piece… perfect for cruising the Med on your private yacht, not so perfect for chilling down at the local park.

Pic two…
Manda says:
I didn't really like the shape of this hat, or how tall it was… but the flowers were just gorgeous! It's just the height of it I wasn't keen on, as it didn't seem to suit me… it might look better on more big-headed (in the literal sense!) people though!

Cathy says:
Hmmm. When a hat's wrong for you, it's wrong. This is a lovely hat… the openwork weave and the flower band are cool, but the crown is much too tall and boxy for Manda and the hat just isn't flattering. This one is a definite 'no'.

Pic three…
Manda says:
This one is probably my favourite. I can't explain why, really - there was nothing about the colour or the pattern or the shape that really stood out all that much, but somehow it looked very cute anyway! I'd definitely wear this.

Cathy says:
Perfect! A casual, cool straw trilby shape with just enough brim to shade you from the sun! The straw weave is unusual and cool and the braided hatband is super-cute. A fun summer hat that can take you anywhere!


What do YOU think? Which hat would you choose, and why? Or would you go for a different style completely? COMMENT BELOW to share YOUR summer style tips!

5 comments:

  1. The last one is definitely the best as the first was too floppy and the second was too tall...I agree with Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one because it is mature and dramatic. Yes, it is a little floppy but that adds to the whole gorgeous effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I love ALL the hats. the first one would look really cool on a super sunny day in the holidays- or for your actual holidays! I DON'T think the second is to tall... but it's too tall for manda. it and the last you could where for anything! that's my review. BYE! Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... Maybe the first one since it reminds me of my fave animal plus I'm not to big a fan of straw hats. I'm more of a flower in your hair and headband person. You'd catch me in school 24/7 with a black headband with a side bow! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omggg!! The 3rd one was gorge!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...